These teachings from God's Word form the philosophy and basis of everything we do at Every Child Ministries. We minister to all, regardless of their religion or philosophy of life. No child is ever forced to convert to Christianity in order to receive our help, nor do we believe that such forced conversions are either possible or valid. We value the liberty God gave to all when He made us human. However, this Statement of Faith shows the convictions our staff believes, teaches and lives by. We find in these teachings both the reason to love and serve others and the strength to do so.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
(See 2 Timothy 3:15-17, 2 Peter 1:21, John 17:17, Matthew 5:17-19, 15:3, 6-9.)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
(See Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19, Genesis 1:1, 1:16.)
- At Every Child Ministries we believe in the sanctity and dignity of human life, including the unborn. We believe that human life from the moment of conception is sacred and endued with dignity, being created in the image of God.
(See Jeremiah 1:5, Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:13-16, Exodus 4:11.)
- At Every Child Ministries we believe in the deity, virgin birth, substitionary atonement, bodily resurrection, ascension and personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(John 1:1-3, Philippians 2:6-8, Colossians 1:15-20, 2:9, Romans 5:8, Luke 1:31, Matthew 1:18-23, 1 Peter 2:21-22, Romans 1:3-4, 4:24, Luke 24:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, 20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Hebrews 1:3, 9:11-14, 18-22, John 14:1-3, Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 4:13, 5:1-3, Matthew 14:32-44.)
- We believe that lost and sinful men are saved and given new life when by God's grace they repent and place their trust in Jesus Christ.
(John 1:12, 3:16-18, 36, Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8-9, Mark 1:15, 6:12, Acts 17:30, 26:20.)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
(2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, Revelation 20:5-6, 11-14.)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
(Romans 8:5, 9, 15-16, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 1:1, 13-14.)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is our only and all-sufficient Mediator with the Father, and that we honor God when we seek His help and wisdom.
(Ephesians 2:18, Hebrews 10:19-22, 1 Peter 2:9, Revelation 1:6, John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5.)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
(John 17:11, Romans 12:15, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 27.)
- We believe that each one of us is known and loved personally and completely by God, and it is His desire for us to love Him with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.
(Luke 12:6-7, Matthew 22:37.)
Statement of Faith first adopted by Board of Directors of Every Child Ministries on March 13, 1986, and expanded in September, 1988 to meet the challenges of unbiblical teachings prevalent in Africa. Verses added in June 1989. Simplified on January 10, 2003 in order to make it more usable.