Every Child Ministries depends highly on volunteers to accomplish the work of the ministry—both in Africa and at our International office in Hebron, IN. Volunteers at ECM's Hebron office have done everything from typing Sunday school lessons in African languages, to preparing displays of for-sale goods created by those we serve, to assisting with mailings such as our annual Christmas appeal, and events such as semi-annual garage sales and annual banquets. They also help keep the office clean and the grounds looking good.
Every Child Ministries seeks volunteers Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm in our Hebron office at 875 South State Road 2 to fill the below needs. Call 219-996-4201 for more information.
AT ECM'S INTERNATIONAL "MISSION CENTRAL" IN NORTHWEST IN (SUPPORT BASE FOR THE AFRICAN MINISTRY)
- Interior cleaning
- Grounds work (occasional)
- Occasionally stuffing envelopes for newsletter and appeal mailings
- Help with semi-annual garage sales, 3rd week of May and Sept
- Help sort & fold clothes as needed for the 2 months leading up to garage sales (see above)
- Contact us for info
WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE U.S.
- Set up table or booth to represent ECM at mission fairs, colleges, conventions, etc.
- Speak as advocate for child sponsorships
- Contact local businesses about allowing a small display of literature or a donation jar on their counter. You keep the display filled.
- Have a garage sale or a car wash to support Haven of Hope or to free child slaves.
- Talk to your church leaders about having an ECM speaker or video.
- Speak at local churches about the joys of child sponsorship (first you must be a child sponsor with ECM yourself).
- Present an ECM video at your church and set up a table display.
- Create your own fundraiser to support one of our projects.
WHEREVER YOU ARE, IF YOU ARE FLUENT IN FRENCH OR ANY AFRICAN LANGUAGE AND ALSO IN ENGLISH
ECM has opportunities for you to help your own people on a volunteer (unpaid) basis by translating Christian literature, teaching and training materials into your native language. ECM will publish the materials on our website, teachingforafrica.com, giving you a "by" line and a certificate of recognition. It's a great service for the Lord and it looks great on your resumé.
If you are a member of a group, why not suggest a service project you can enjoy doing together that also benefits needy kids? Here are some ideas:
- Sew reusable cloth menstrual pads for girls: Join the Facebook Group "Sewing Cloth Menstral Pads" for instructions and ideas. Click here to see their page. Any of the models shown on Facebook are acceptable.